Flossing should be part of your daily routine. Do you know if you are flossing the right way? A little extra time spent on this part of your routine will make a big difference! Here are a few steps to follow:
- Use a dental floss with fluoride if possible.
- Use approximately 18 to 24 inches of dental floss.
- Wrap the ends of the floss around your index and middle fingers.
- The floss should be held tightly around each tooth, forming a “C” shape.
- Move the piece of floss back and forth in a push and pull motion and up and down the sides of your tooth.
- Make sure to reach back into your molars too!
Flossing at bed time is especially important as you should focus on getting the day’s food out from between your teeth. Leaving it overnight can promote tooth decay and cavities!